We can build you a website, make you a promotional or educational video, hook you up to social media, design and deliver email newsletters for your members, implement a CRM contact database for all your contacts, and much more. See the right-hand sidebar for a breakdown of our fees.
[expand title="Strategic Communications Planning services including: evaluating existing communications channels, establishing goals, identifying target audiences, budgeting, setting benchmarks, and more."
This is where it all starts. Websites, newsletters, promotional videos and every other aspect of your web communications work should be informed by a plan.
Our approach to strategic communications planning is light and flexible. We make sure that we get the right people together and cover all of the critical questions quickly and effectively. Investing a little bit of time to develop a strategic communications plan will yield significant savings of time and money and will increase the reach and impact of your work.
Here’s what you can expect from our Strategic Communications Planning Work:
- Identify big picture, organization-wide goals
- Define the overall target audience that your business or non-profit is trying to reach
- Think critically about the messages you want to communicate and how those messages are being framed
- Map-out your existing communication channels and think strategically about new channels that should be developed.
- Engineer the communications infrastructure that you need
- Develop a communications budget for the short and long-term
- Draft a communications road map and benchmarks to guide your work
[expand title="Web Development services including: evaluating existing websites, website planning, and building websites on WordPress and Drupal. We also offer website migration, maintenance, hosting, and more."
Your website is the hub of your web communications strategy. It lets the world know that you exist, it connects people to the work that you do, and it ties together all of your other communications channels. Using WordPress and Drupal allows us to develop websites quickly and affordably and leaves you with a content management system (CMS) that allows you to update and maintain your website on your own.
Here’s what you can expect from our web development work:
- Clearly define the goals and audience for your website(s)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your existing website(s)
- Map-Out content for the new or redesigned website(s)
- Identify specific functionalities needed such as calendar, blog, video gallery, etc…
- Find an existing design template or theme and customize it to meet your needs
- Avoid lots of expensive custom coding by finding the right plugins or modules to provide the functionality that you need
- Set-up the website on a stable and reliable web host
- Set-up the website for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Ensure that the website is protected by a secure back-up strategy
- Implement Google Analytics to monitor analyze traffic to your website
- Train your team to maintain and update the website on your own
[expand title="Graphic Design services including: designing print publications and outreach materials, designing html email and email newsletter templates, designing graphics for video, and much more."
Our approach to Graphic Design combines original and creative commons stock photography / art work with the creative power of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. This blend of our own custom work and stock images/art creates a unique web or print graphic design product at an affordable price.
Here’s what you can expect from our Graphic Design work:
- Cleary define the goals and audience of the web or print graphic design product
- Identify all of the content that will be included in the design work
- Identify any and all design parameters or guidelines that must be followed
- Identify logo(s), fonts, and color palettes used in other communications materials
- Gather original and creative commons stock images/art
- Produce mock-up(s) of the design and present them for your feedback
- Rework the initial mock-up(s) based on the feedback received
- Produce a final web or print graphic design product
- Support printing, publication or distribution as needed
[expand title="Social Media services including: Social Media strategy, evaluating your existing social media presence, and setting-up or optimizing Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn and more."
Our approach to Social Media is to keep it simple and strategic. We only recommend social media solutions that will reach a clear target audience and will fit naturally into your existing workflow so that you will actually maintain them and use them.
Here’s what you can expect from our Social Media work:
- Clearly define the goals and audiences for your social media channels
- Evaluate your existing social media presence
- Develop a big picture social media strategy that will guide all of your social media efforts.
- Implement tools that will minimize the amount of time you have to spend on social media sites and apps, while maximizing the impact of your work
- Implement ongoing monitoring and analysis to help you keep track of the effectiveness of your social media presence in the long-run
Our approach to email is to develop a big-picture strategy to guide all of your email-related decisions. Whenever possible we implement HTML email newsletter solutions that are free and easy to use. If you have less than 2000 contacts then MailChimp is a great choice, if you have a higher volume and want to set-up a CRM as well, then CiviMail may be the best fit. We also work with WordPress-based email newsletters and paid services like Constant Contact. When it comes to email accounts for your group, free, domain-specifc email through google is often a great choice.
Here’s what you can expect from our Social Media work:
- Clearly define the goals and audiences, and users of your email systems
- Evaluate your existing email systems and solutions
- Develop a big picture strategy to guide you through all of the details and to ensure that all of your email-related choices are supporting your goals
- Implement widely-used, free or low-cost email solutions that are the best fit for your needs – common solutions include: gmail, MailChimp Wysija Newsletter, CiviMail, Constant Contact, and more…
- Help you set-up forwards, filters, auto-responders and other tools to keep the flow of email manageable and organized
- Enable tracking and analysis of email opens, click-throughs, forwards, shares, and other measures related to mass emails or email newsletters
Our approach to web video production is to create a short and engaging message and to distribute the final video through strategic communications channels. We produce web videos using 2 HD cameras, several high quality mics, and Premiere Pro and After Effects editing tools.
Here’s what you can expect from our Web Video Production work:
- Cleary define the goals and audience of the web video
- Focus the video on a clear and simple message
- Draft a basic script and shot list for the video
- Coordinate the logistics required for the production
- Shoot the HD video using an HD Cannon Camcorder and a Canon T2i DSLR
- Record high quality audio using wired shotgun mics and wireless lav mics
- Select appropriate original or creative commons stock music if needed
- Edit a “rough cut” of the video and audio in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Present the rough cut for your feedback
- Rework the material based on your feedback and produce a “final cut” of the video
- Strategically share or distribute the final video through target communication channels
[expand title="Contact Management services including: evaluating existing contact management systems, determining needs and goals related to contacts, implementing Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, and integrating these solutions into other CIT systems such as your website, social media, and more."
Our approach to Contact Management can help you move away from frustrating spreadsheets, or expensive systems hat are too advanced for your needs. We implement free and easy to use CRM solutions such as CiviCRM or WordPress CRM plugins.
Here’s what you can expect from our Contact Management work:
- Clearly define the needs, goals, and users for your Contact Management efforts
- Gather together, organize, and evaluate your existing Contact Management systems.
- Create a Contact Management strategy that identifies contact groups, points of interaction with contacts, opportunities for relationship building, and types of contact data that you need to record.
- Implement widely-used CRM solutions that are the right fit for your organization. For example a free WordPress CRM meets the needs of most groups, while the more powerful CiviCRM may be a better fit for groups with more extensive Contact Management needs.
- Train your staff, board, volunteers, and members to use and maintain your Contact Management systems.
- Enable contact data tracking and benchmarking so that your group can monitor your ongoing progress towards your Contact Management goals.
Our approach to Time Management can help to automate annoying tasks such as coordinating staff days off, and can help everyone involved in your work to feel more empowered and also more accountable. We use free and open source solutions that are widely used and supported such as Google Calendar, WordPress Events Manager, CiviEvent, Do.com, and many others.
Here’s what you can expect from our Time Management work:
- Begin with the human side of thins – with a clear understanding of your needs and goals, and also the culture of your group in relation to time management.
- Evaluate your existing time management systems in relation to these needs, goals, and the organizational culture.
- Suggest revisions to existing systems and implementation of new solutions that are the right fit for your group.
- Set-up and configure the detailed behavior of all of your time management solutions so that they are as integrated as possible and tuned to your specific needs.
- Train your staff, board, volunteers, and members in how to use and maintain any of the time management solutions that they will be working with.
- Enable tracking of time management data so that you can learn over time about how you can better adjust some of the time management solutions, or so your team can reflect on your time management performance and suggest areas for improvement.